Could there be hope for po.la.roid ? with the existence of Polanoir; a gallery in Vienna devoted totally to polaroids. Anyway, visit their website about how the gallery came into being as it makes quite an interesting read and here’s a sneak peak of Polanoir.
Here are some reasons they love po.la.roid photography:
- the one and only photographic medium that produces real unique originals.
- the most analog pictures possible – recognisable at first sight because of structure, colors and the unique Polaroid framing.
- pictures that bring back coincidences into photography. An inimitable combination of analog chemistry and instant visible results.
- pictures that can be manipulated in many ways, using unique creative gizmo’s for an amazing number of innovative techniques and projects.
- pictures that are immortal proofs to express the powerful dynamic visualization of Polaroid films.
- Polaroids are an endangered species in this digital world – making them very special indeed.
… and Psst … currently the gallery has 18 international artists but they claim to be adding new ones. If you are interested in joining POLANOIR, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.